Author Topic: When results come for solar storms?  (Read 2396 times)

emilyisawesome7

• View Profile
When results come for solar storms?
« on: April 07, 2013, 03:30:39 pm »
Hello all!

I've only been tracking storms for a little while (like, a month), and I wasn't sure if I should have gotten some kind of feedback yet.   I've done something on every game, but I haven't gotten anything saying that I've spotted a storm.  Will I get some kind of feedback?  Will it be emailed or somewhere on the site/where should I check?

Thanks!  :)

jules

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: When results come for solar storms?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 06:18:00 pm »
Hi there,
You should see totals of your classifications on your "My Solar Stormwatch" page. If you mark the most recent storm on Incoming and Incoming Trace (ie the storm nearest the right side of the Incoming Trace plot or the very last storm in the Incoming video) your name will be added to the Predictions page which Solar Stormwatch team member Steve updates on the forum thread.

The Spot task uses videos of old storms. These are still important as the more information about storms the science team has, the better our understanding will be. If you want to help out with the predictions you need to get over to Incoming and Incoming Trace!

Thanks for taking part and hope you are enjoying contributing to solar science! :)