Author Topic: **THIS PHASE OF SOLAR STORMWATCH IS COMPLETE**  (Read 2603 times)

jules

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
**THIS PHASE OF SOLAR STORMWATCH IS COMPLETE**
« on: November 11, 2015, 10:30:03 am »
The Current phase of Solar Stormwatch is now complete - it has been a huge success and produced many papers. The project is, therefore, about to be retired but there are some tweaks the admin team need to do before this can happen. This means that the parts of the site that are not working (such as What's that and Track It Back) will not be repaired. The front page of the Solar Stormwatch site will eventually be changed to make this clear and the forum will be made read-only.

Meanwhile, apologies to anyone wanting to become involved in Solar Stormwatch during this transition period - and a big, CME-sized thank you to everyone who has taken part over the last 5 years. We did a great job!

gwnashjr

• View Profile
Re: **THIS PHASE OF SOLAR STORMWATCH IS COMPLETE**
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 03:57:05 pm »
I am really going to miss it!  Enjoyed working with you all on this project
thanks for the opportunity
Gerald

jules

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 03:15:43 pm »
Me too. I'm hopeful that there might be more stormwatching one day but meanwhile, thank you for your contribution Gerald!

x303

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 12:41:25 am »
Weird, a few days after you posted this, stereo-a began working again.  :o  But it has to be said that it would be nice that contributers get a message when a project ends and what the results are (read: in normal human language plz). Now you have to get to a forum to find out that one ended (it doesn't says it on the site) and read a paper from somewhere else with a lot of data which normal ppl don't understand. Same with the end of moonzoo.