Author Topic: Technical query with Spot  (Read 2429 times)

rbaud1

• View Profile
Technical query with Spot
« on: January 21, 2015, 04:41:11 pm »
When reviewing a video clip this afternoon I found 2 possible events to report. The first was no problem and the second was fine until it was time to place the guide on the leading edge for the STEREO Ahead image. The leading edge was masked by what I assume to be the Milky Way in the background and the play, pause and frame movement buttons are frozen for this part. I tried to place the guide where I thought it was (when watching the clip earlier I could just make out the faint moving front edge) but got it all wrong - the estimated speed from my placement was -1,114. I assume that this will be ignored but would like to know what should be done in a case like this for future reference as it did not appear possible to backtrack on my earlier input or review the clip at that point, or have I missed something?
Richard.

jules

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Technical query with Spot
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 10:10:02 pm »
HI rbaud1,
No it's not possible to backtrack but you're right in that any value that is too way out will be ignored or certainly diluted by all the other classifications of the same event. So annoying though it is (I know - I've done something similar!) it's best to just carry on to the next video. :)

rbaud1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 10:49:13 pm »
Thanks for the reply, glad to know I'm not the only one.
Richard

jules

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 02:31:55 pm »
No problem - and thanks for your contribution to Solar Stormwatch. We're all doing great science here. ;)

DZM

• Zooniverse Community Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 04:56:20 pm »
Hey, a seminar?! An upcoming seminar! Is this to preview a paper that will be coming out? Or talk about one that has?

Thanks for linking that!!

jules

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 08:23:19 pm »
Yep. Here's the bigger picture on the blog.
And here's the paper:

The Solar Stormwatch CME catalogue: Results from the first space weather citizen science project

I'd love to go and listen but unfortunately can't make it.