Author Topic: why can't i play "incoming"?  (Read 2272 times)

92flax

• View Profile
why can't i play "incoming"?
« on: December 22, 2014, 04:42:40 pm »
Everytime i wamt to play incoming, the site tells me i already had seen the latest data, is anyone of you able to get current data? Is there any stream of stereo in the Internet?

jules

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: why can't i play "incoming"?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 09:17:07 pm »
Hi 92flax,
Incoming and Incoming Trace-It are both currently down due to STEREO's solar conjunction. Additionally, STEREO B failed to respond after a recent planned reset and attempts are being made to recover the spacecraft. Meanwhile, Spot, What's That, Trace-It and Track it Back are still working and need your clicks!

Follow updates of the conjunction manoeuvres on the Stereo Science Center website here and here.

You can also check the STEREO Science Center for any images that come back.

Hope that helps! :)

Quialiss

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 09:32:17 pm »
I'll just add that you can find the detailed plans of communication operations until 2016 here: 

http://stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov/solar_conjunction_science.shtml

We're going to be without regular STEREO data for quite a while. 

SoylentHolger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 01:14:18 pm »
Hi all, Hi Jules,

With the search function, I now found out, that incoming is not available at the moment. Thanks for this info above.

But "incoming" is unfortunately mandatory to unlock "trace it" and "incoming trace". Is there any workaround to unlock those two?

Many thanks in advance for info and you support to the community.

Holger

jules

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 04:26:30 pm »
Hi Holger,
Yes Incoming and Incoming Trace-it are still down but ordinary Trace-It is working fine (for me anyway!) Please let us know if you are unable to access Trace-It as it does not require any unlocking.

nyxnyxnyx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 08:53:39 am »
It's a pity that they are still down at the moment. Would have loved to try out the different things we can do to help the progress of science! Hope that the problems with the STEREO spacecraft can be resolved soon.