Author Topic: How to find solar storm and how to join a group?  (Read 1867 times)

HE MOLIN

• View Profile
How to find solar storm and how to join a group?
« on: July 19, 2014, 06:42:45 pm »
Hi,

I am a new member and I just finished the training and missions on the Solar Stormwatch website. But when I read "personal achievement" under "My Solar Stormwatch" on the website, I noticed it shows that I haven't found any solar storms yet.

I am interested in finding solar storm. How to find solar storm from the website?  ;D
      And is there a chance to join a detection group? how to join it? Because When I play "track it back", I cannot choose "My storm" since it says that I am not in any group yet :(

Thanks!

jules

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to find solar storm and how to join a group?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 08:54:36 pm »
Hi HE MOLIN and welcome to Solar Stormwatch! :) Glad you found us.

The "solar storms spotted" section and "detection groups" refer to real time solar storm prediction that used to be possible by checking the Incoming videos. However, this hasn't been possible for some time due to the current positions of the 2 STEREO spacecraft - which are now heading behind the sun. Their field of view doesn't take in Earth-bound solar storms. That said the science team still want our clicks on Trace It and incoming Trace to help understand the development of solar storms. So please keep clicking on these 2 activities! :)

chanachaitoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 10:18:29 am »

It's not that I ever learned came from somewhere before it. I read more I'm feeling a little confused.

TaroTaoYin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 09:44:29 am »
This web site is really quality post. Can make lots of people who do not know each other. Have met and known to be a shared experience acquired across