Author Topic: Posting exercises  (Read 7859 times)

lpspieler

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Posting exercises
« on: March 07, 2010, 01:38:25 am »
Hello all,

you want to post something special, and don't know yet how to do it? Something is not working as expected and you would like to experiment a little? Don't want to bother others with your attempts in regular threads? Then here is the place to try out anything technical.

Some advice can be given in general:
  • The most important posting techniques are described here.
  • If you see something in another post you would like to do too just click the "quote" link. In the text box for the reply post, you see the source code of the other post. You can always return from the text box without actually posting a reply. Just click the link to the Solar Stormwatch Forum at the top of the page instead of clicking the "Post" button.

Caution!
This may be an exercise thread. But the forum rules and guidelines apply just as anywhere else on the forum.

Happy Experimenting!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 02:04:21 pm by lpspieler »

fstep

• View Profile
Re: Posting exercises
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 09:43:54 am »
Hello all,

you want to post something special, and don't know yet how to do it? Something is not working as expected and you would like to experiment a little? Don't want to bother others with your attempts in regular threads? Then here is the place to try out anything technical.

One advice can be given in general:
If you see something in another post you would like to do too just click the "quote" link. In the text box for the reply post, you see the source code of the other post. You can always return from the text box without actually posting a reply. Just click the link to the Solar Stormwatch Forum at the top of the page instead of clicking the "Post" button.

Caution!
This may be an exercise thread. But the forum rules and guidelines apply just as anywhere else on the forum.

Happy Experimenting!

What brilliant timing! I was just trying to work out how to quote someone (oblivious to the Quote button at the top!  :-[ ) and had given up and saw this topic. Thank you!  :D

Fern

Deanimation

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 09:48:12 am »
Hello all,

Some advice can be given in general:
  • The most important posting techniques are described here.
  • If you see something in another post you would like to do too just click the "quote" link. In the text box for the reply post, you see the source code of the other post. You can always return from the text box without actually posting a reply. Just click the link to the Solar Stormwatch Forum at the top of the page instead of clicking the "Post" button.

Caution!

Happy Experimenting!

Just read this again as I was pasting between the quote thingys (technical talk). I wonder what else I'm not doing correctly. Answers on a postcard... ::)

jules

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 10:54:16 am »
 ;D ;D
Did you sort out the "pasting between the quote thingys"?

Deanimation

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 09:45:41 am »
Yes thank you Jules, it would appear that I should wear my glasses a little more often as every message I have read tells me how to do it doesn't it !!!  ::)

Galactic Momma

• 40-something working mom with a science degree and a great love of astronomy and storms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 03:49:55 am »
This is a test to see if I can finally get the hang of posting images.

Galactic Momma

• 40-something working mom with a science degree and a great love of astronomy and storms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 03:50:55 am »
Yay!  It worked! ;D

lpspieler

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 08:54:09 pm »
Wooohooo!! At last the thread is put to good use  ;D ;D ;D

Deanimation

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 12:31:03 am »
Hmmm very interesting....
                                                                                                                     ...this is the moon.

;D

jaredddd

• View Profile

lpspieler

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 07:16:03 pm »
ok, this is a test post to see whether my posts are really deleted.